Tim Bai’s Zone is a tech and individual blog started from 2011/2015, the flowchart below is about the stacks changes for these years. The current tech stack for the blog is K8S + WordPress + MySQL DB, and surely Apache and Let’s Encrypt are used too.
This work/blog is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Pexel, UnSplash are used for stock images. The licenses of them are both free to use.
More about Tim
- My 1st Hello World is in primary school in a QBasic emulator, (not on a real computer), that was about 2000.
- Java is 1st OOP programming language I learned, I taught myself in end of high school when I got my first laptop
- After uni, I started to work in different industry, and had more experience and knowledge in cloud and architect, because with work experience growing, I found many engineering problems could be solved in a different architecture solution much more easily.
- Now I worked as a dev guy in a Pacific-Asia based company, besides that, I wrote articles and built side projects.
- Sanic Currency Exchange Rates Api (Eu Central Bank)
- Stack update, Moving AceIelts.Pro to AWS
- Trackers Away – Mac OS Ads Blocker – releasing 1.0.3 and road map
- Fork MMEX Android
- And more on my Github/Gitlab page
- I wrote some real life based discussion regarding work culture, how to be a manager in a tech team, and work life balancing (these discussion might not be very objective)
- I am not keen on using certificate to prove my professionalism but I did get some certificates 😅 in my different career stages
More about the Zone/Blog and How to Contact
- I have a static wiki site too, go to wiki.tim.bai.uno as non-relations extension to my WordPress blog.
- How to contact me?
- My old blog Tim’s Zone archive (before 2020)
- My 2021 in sum
Stack Changes of My Blog
- In end of 2021, the infrastructure was changed from Docker/CapRover/Docker Swarm to K8s, the cloud service provider was changed from AWS to Oracle Cloud.
- In beginning of 2022, the monitoring service, New Relic was added.
Why to make these tech stack changes
- WP is not flexible like using React Strapi, but it it get enough templates and themes can save you tens of times on styling
- WP is heavier than Hexo, but with optimisation and for personal blog/CMS purpose, it is way more than enough.
FAQ for Stack Changes
- Why do the stacks become more and more complicated? Are you just high key, doing this for showing your skills?
- Not really, it is not like I built a k8s cluster for hosting my personal low traffic WordPress blog, it is more like I built a k8s cluster to make my projects easy to deploy/development, and I used the remaining computing resources for this blog.